PHP Jobs in Toronto
PHP Developer in Toronto
We're an established Toronto based eCommerce company looking for an experienced PHP Developer to join our team. We've got a great eCommerce acceleration platform with over 1,600 happy customers.
The Job In A Nutshell
Top Internet retailers rely on Nextopia to accelerate their eCommerce businesses. We’re looking for a self-motivated candidate who gets things done. You have a true interest in technology and pride yourself on your software development achievements.
You are an experienced PHP Developer with a passion for coding. You have several years of experience managing and delivering multiple complex technology projects.
As a full stack PHP Developer, you will be part of an agile team and you will be playing a key role in contributing to both our main eCommerce SaaS platform and to projects on our development roadmap.
Nextopia is a 100% bootstrapped company. We work in an entrepreneurial, aggressive, energetic and sometimes frantic environment where exceptional coders thrive. You must be willing to join a hyper growth company that will require significant time commitments to be successful. It’s not for the faint of heart here, but if you have what it takes, we will push you hard and you’ll gain incredible experience and knowledge solving challenging software engineering projects.
Must Have Skills / Qualifications:
- BSc in computer science or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 3 years experience
- Passion. Energy. Skill.
- Expert PHP proficiency in large, scalable web applications
- Experience with MVC frameworks (Laraval, Symfony, etc.)
- Understanding of version control systems such as GIT
- Experience with Agile development and JIRA
- Basic understanding of Unix commands and environments
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Fine attention to detail
Nice to Have Skills / Qualifications:
- Experience with eCommerce software development
- Worked on a SaaS application
- Work on side or “weekend” projects
Send us a superstar resume and we'll send you your bonus the day they start.
Head Office 260 King St. East Suite A200, Toronto, ON, M5A 4L5
View Larger Map
*Actual view from our office rooftop patio