PHP Jobs in Toronto
Junior PHP Developer in Toronto
We're an established Toronto based eCommerce company looking for an experienced Junior PHP Developer to join our team. We've got a great eCommerce acceleration platform with over 1,600 happy customers.
The Job In A Nutshell
Top Internet retailers rely on Nextopia to accelerate their eCommerce businesses. We’re looking for a self-motivated candidate who gets things done. You have a true interest in technology and pride yourself on your software development achievements.
You are an experienced PHP Developer with a passion for coding. You have several years of experience managing and delivering multiple complex technology projects.
As a full stack Junior PHP Developer, you will be part of an agile team and you will be playing a key role in contributing to both our main eCommerce SaaS platform and to projects on our development roadmap.
- Translate requirements into conceptual and detailed designs
- Provide estimates for development effort, track progress using JIRA
- Develop prototypes for high-volume web-based applications
- Collaborate on rapid iterations of the design, development, and deployment cycle
- Contribute to application improvement & optimization (through code audits, refactoring, caching, architecture changes)
- Work with all team members in troubleshooting issues and bug fixes
- Solve difficult problems
We offer great work life balance - work hard and play hard. We work in an entrepreneurial and energetic environment where exceptional coders thrive. If you have what it takes, we will push you hard and you’ll gain incredible experience and knowledge solving challenging software engineering projects.
Must Have Skills / Qualifications:
- BSc in computer science or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 1 year experience
- Passion. Energy. Skill.
- Expert PHP proficiency in large, scalable web applications
- Experience with MVC frameworks (Laraval, Symfony etc.)
- Understanding of version control systems such as GIT
- Experience with Agile development and JIRA
- Basic understanding of Unix commands and environments
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Fine attention to detail
Nice to Have Skills / Qualifications:
- Experience with eCommerce software development
- Worked on a SaaS application
- Work on side or “weekend” projects
Send us a superstar resume and we'll send you your bonus the day they start.
Head Office 260 King St. East Suite A200, Toronto, ON, M5A 4L5
View Larger Map
*Actual view from our office rooftop patio